What Do You Get Your First Child for His First Birthday?

I am a new mom to a 10 month old baby. His name is Jackson and he is the absolute love of my life. I'm so happy and blessed to be his mommy. [: Anyways, His first birthday is in two months and I know that he won't remember it, but I will and I want to make sure that my little man has the best first birthday ever!!! [: Any suggestions on what I should get him?

JacksonsMommyx3

Asked by JacksonsMommyx3 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, the first birthday is more for the parents than the child... He simply won't care. The best thing to do is not overwhelm him with a HUGE party, and keep it somewhat short. Of course, you can go wild with the decorations, and letting him have his own little cake to stick his face in is great (wonderful photo ops with that, too). But as for the presents, believe me, he won't care. At all. You can wrap up stuff he already has, and it would have the same effect, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We got them a big party. lol. That was the only gift from us. He may not remember but everyone who loves them was there adn supporting him on their big day. We have photos and stories to share with them later.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You certainly have a lot to choose from since they are too young to decide for themselves. You could get a teddy bear, a pull toy, a musical toy or some kind of baby learning toy that he will use beyond his first year.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If you have a party, he will get a ton of presents. But you could get a rocking horse or rocking chair, something that would last a few years.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i got mine a zoobie
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm the same way. My daughter will be a year next month and I haven't figure out what to get her for her birthday.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2010