For those of you who had to be put to sleep during your c-section, what was the reason?

For me they said I had HELLP syndrome and my plateletts were way low and that I might need a blood transfusion. It sucked that I couldn't be awake when my twins were born.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 6:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aw, yeah Mine was because I was feeling things I shouldn't feel... Or maybe I was just freaking out lol... It's a little hard to remember exactly what I was feeling. I know I have two curves in my spine and I did feel some weird things anyway.. Thats why they put me to sleep! I missed it all :( But, its ok! I'll know what to expect for the next one. Due on November 12th!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would have been put under had I not had an epidural already. My son't heart stopped while I was pushing, so there was a strong sense of urgency getting him out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Congrats smarie! You're right you will know what to expect next time, a new beautiful baby! Musicpisces- that is so scary! We never expect anything to go wrong during labor. We just worry about the pain, how long it will take, etc.
    twinmama2five

Comment by twinmama2five (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010