Dried/Cracked Heels

I know its gross! but during the summer all I wear are sandles and my heels as cracked and dry!! Anyone know at home remedies to fix them into soft heels?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I bought one of those Ped-egg things. They work pretty well for getting that yucky skin off! I'm wondering about that "Heel Tastic" thing, I think that's what it's called...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Someone on here said use A&D ointment. I haven't tried it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Moisturize daily or at least weekly. Not knowing what they look like exactly I would say start moisturizing with vaseline and wear some sox (overnight is great). That might get them on their way. I use a foot scraper or foot file (ped egg is one type) when in the shower, towards the end, so the skin has a chance to soften. You might have to do this several times to get rid of all the dry skin. Do not be too aggressive and then moisturize as I mentioned. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• put vaseline on your feet before you go to bed at night put socks on over your vaseline feet and the next night before doing this again use a ped egg do it for at least three nights all i wear is sandals good luck

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I use the Ped Egg, but I use it when my heels are completely dry. Soaking them first doesn't seem to help me get rid of the dry skin as well as when they are dry. I also use the "emery board" on the Ped Egg to smooth them. I apply lotion immediately and put on socks. I try to do this at bedtime every night so it has time to soak in. I had REALLY bad heels a while back and did this for 2 weeks and they turned out beautifully.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am on my feet all day and my feet get dry and cracked. There are two things I buy that work GREAT on my feet! Olay makes a line called Olay Body and they have a Thermal Pedicure. It is gritty and warms and you use it. It is not with the other Olay things, I normally only find it at Walmart and it is with other foot care items. Also, EARTH Therapeutics - Foot Remedy. This I buy at Kohl's I don't know if anyone else carries it but they do have a web site too. I have told at least five other people of this foot balm (it is a lotion with tea tree, chomomile and aloe vera) and they all said they love it and use it now too. I promise you I noticed a difference in my feet after the first use. Good luck I know how bad dry, cracked feet can be!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• this is not a home remedy - but a very affordable drugstore remedy - it's called "UDDERLY SMOOTH" Udder Cream - the directions on it are actually for cow's udders - but people have been using it forever for dry, cracked skin - i put it on my feet and hands every night and wear socks and gloves to bed so i won't get grease on the bed linens - then the next day, i use it all over my body - my skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom - i strongly recommend it - i've tried the most expensive moisturizers out there and this is the best by far in my book!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• vaseline & wear socks to bed
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• wash your feet before bed and you dry them and rub them with vaseline and put socks on and sleep with them, the next morning they will be softer.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I use a foot file everyday,then lotion, b4 I put my sandals/flip flops on. Seems like a alot of work, but it's the only thing that works for me., And if you do it everyday, you will definitely see an improvement in your feet.
    danalee11

Answer by danalee11 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010