Is this age of electronics destroying families and marriages?

Just curious at what you ladies think. With video games in every store, cell phones with apps and games, computers with access to pornography, chat rooms, and again video games do you think that marriages are falling apart and families are loosing that "connection"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• yes I agree. Technology being so accessible on your phone, computer etc definetly plays alot into the trust factor. Yes if they are going to cheat they will, however, putting a thousand ways in there face certainly doesnt help the cause. I think family use to talk moe, spend more time together, do more together and now its video games facebook , porn sites. Its sad that this is what our kids know and they dont know what it was like when we didnt have all of these things. Technolgy has destroyed alot of things including our childrens imagination. really kind of sad
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Personally, I think if someone was going to cheat, they'd do it anyway. Maybe the internet is making it a bit easier for them, but they'd probably do it regardless. If the kids are spending too much time playing video games or on the computer, then cut them off. Whether it be a thing or a person, it is only as powerful as you let it be in your life. Time to take charge. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes I stronlgly believe that the advancment of technology replaces family quality time.
    maria056

Answer by maria056 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes personally I think that is why I have a rule in our house that limits the use of computers and video game consols. Use of these items is no more than one hour per day and we have NO cell phones.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• jeanclaudis...you say violence but how does that connect to the question being asked?
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• well, excess to porn did put the last dagger into our relationship
    would it have failed without this, very possible, but maybe not
    Anonymous

• People destroy families and marriages. Electronics are just tools.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Possibly but before electronics it was something else and before that it was another thing. The point is that there will always be something that can destroy a marriage/relationship

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't think it necessarily the cause of ruined relationships but I definitely don't think it's having a positive influence either.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If they're going to ignore me they'll find a way to do it..... no electronics necessary.
    awesomedeity

Answer by awesomedeity at 7:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010