Baby/Toddler Crochet Headbands

I've purchased a few of these with bows or flowers on them and I'd rather make my own. I know nothing about crochet but see several people on ebay sell the blank headbands wholesale. So, my question for those that have made these with embellishments (flowers, bows, etc) how are you attaching the embellishment? Do you just use a hot glue gun, fabric glue or are you attaching by sewing it on????

Mom2Jack04

Asked by Mom2Jack04 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It is a matter of choice. I like to sew mine on as sometimes the glue does not hold through washing too well (hand washing is best for these items). But, it is a matter of choice.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All the ones I have seen have a clip on the attachment so you can interchange them with different colored bands. Like this..

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yeah I saw a few mention they use clips.....I just bought a bunch of the headbands, now I have to see about making bows and such on those clips....most likely I can find those clips on ebay too, there isn't anything ebay doesn't have, lol.

Thanks ladies
    Mom2Jack04

Comment by Mom2Jack04 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• LOL...yep, e-Bay away.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• so are the ribbons on those clips just glued on? so much cheaper to buy the metal clips and add the ribbon, lol
    Mom2Jack04

Comment by Mom2Jack04 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That pic is of ribbon glued on after buying the clips.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010