Please tell me why you flash dirty looks at me...

I am hoping you ladies can help. Probably hard not knowing me or even seeing me, but if you have any ideas I would love your input...
My DD started Kindergarten this year. I cannot figure out why the parents simply don't like me (or REALLY show they don't)I am always getting dirty looks from the other moms. I smile to look approachable. I wear normal clothes and cover the B's (Breasts back butt belly) I am nice to my kids. I wait with her outside until her teacher comes to get her. I try and start conversations. Your baby is cute. How old? I just get a quick response and then ignored. I don't have anything in my teeth. We are a clean family.... I just can't figure it out, and cannot figure out a way of asking without sounding crazy. I want to talk to the other moms...I am pretty normal I would say...So if you are one of those moms judging what is wrong with me??

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 7:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Consider it nature's way of protecting you from toxic individuals. If they're going to treat you that way without even knowing you... you're better off not knowing them!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Honestly I can't see any reason. Maybe they are not shunning you but are simply shy or don't know what to say in response.
    I say try not to take it personal and keep trying. Perhaps you just need to find a mutual topic, such as the kids progress in school, an upcomimg school event.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Your a monster and don't know it. LOL I am just joking I was a teenage mother and people grown up use to look at me side ways and say things to hurt my feeling. I got real mad one day and just gave them all the one for all. with out curse words one day while i was dropping of my now seventeen year old who was two at the time. I told them yes I am young and in school and work Anthony is well dress and his hair stay cut he has nice clothes so what is the problem. they back off and left me and my son alone. then one day another young lady who I went to school with saw me while dropping off her child , we all join together and we still do.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have no clue, and I don't think anyone will get one from what you described.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• say hi to me, would love some contact from another mom
    even if contact is chit chat while waiting for child

so , no help from me
    guess i am someone getting those looks too, because i make chit chat too, maybe i am too over burdened to notice looks

Anonymous

• You hit me up on my face book and wine in my ear friends LOL We are monsters when we don't meet other people standard.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• The cliques at school are outrageous! I feel ya on this one. My son went to a school in a richer school district and the moms would look at me like i was s*it on their shoe for attempting to talk to them.
    I'm definitely not one of THOSE moms.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I get the nasty looks too. I assume it's because I'm young and I like black nail polish. I don't mind though. I've noticed I don't really get along with the "other mothers". I have friends that are moms but I met them in life AFK (away from kids). Mothers I meet in places that are focused on the kids don't seem to want to talk about anything else (I find myself doing the same thing).
    awesomedeity

Answer by awesomedeity at 7:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Honestly, I understand what you are saying. Where we live, there are the 'Upper class' families and the 'middle class' families. The 'upper class' seem to have their own little group. I've tried to approach a few of these mothers and have gotten short answers and then they have turned away.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If their all in their own little click if may be their just snobs. Try befriending 1 or 2 of them for starters or just go about your business and don't let them know it's bothering, maybe then they'll come around.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010