Friends: When do you give up trying?

There are a few ladies whom I've met through my play group. Aside from kids birthday parties, these ladies always decline my invitations to things outside the play group and have never invited me to anything. Is it time to quit trying?

silversmom

Asked by silversmom at 7:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• In my opinion, yes. A friendship isn't a real friendship when everything is one sided... Instead, focus your efforts on people who WANT to be friends!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well maybe is there 1 or 2 you might to make friends with instead of the whole group? If their clicky that might make it a littlle easier. Go for the one you feel gravitates to you when your around the group and see how that goes. You don't necessarily have to be friends with the entire group to have a few of them as friends.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• There are like 4 out of 80 that I thought were similar-minded enough for me to want to pursue. I've known them going on 2 years now. They are very friendly at group outings so I thought maybe we could be friends outside the group too.
    silversmom

Comment by silversmom (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yep.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'd give up.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• HELL YEAH,look find a new play group i dont have any my boys r 8 nd 9 i wish i did have play groups,i wish i had real friends that enjoy a day at the park with the kids ,nd going for dinner nd some drinks ,not being in clubs trying to get some stupid boys to look at me shaking my ass.
    ivette0423

Answer by ivette0423 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010