Did you have the worst Mother growing up?

Was she the white glove Mom? Did she not take care of you? What did she do that made her the worst Mom?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I had A Bad mom. When she'd get Mad at me she'd beat me and shake me! Just shake me so hard! I am a Migraine sufferer for 31 years. She took me from my Bio mom & told me Lies. I found this mom Dead when I was 13. I wasn't even given enough food. I weighed 60 lbs. in 8th grade! I was lied to my entire life! When I was 19 & pregnant I located my Bio mom. She was 46 dying of Breast cancer. I only saw her that one time in her hospital. I couldn't tell her she'd be a Grandmother. She never lived. She never told me if I had family or who's my Dad. Now I have Breast cancer. It was a Horribly Abused, sad, lied to life. I never knew the love or security of a family or a happy home. Where even the basic necessities were provided!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had an AWESOME Mom and miss her terribly. She past away on July 4 2005. My Dad past away on Sept 18 2000. Enjoy your family while you can life is short.
    Friendsaug2007

Answer by Friendsaug2007 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• She thew me out o the house when i told her that her boyfriend tried to rape me.
    Anonymous

• Well, she wasn't the worst, but she wasn't exactly Mrs. Cleaver, either... She was (and still is, even though it's better now) extremely critical. Made me walk around with a book on my head to "improve my posture", was CONSTANTLY on my case about being dirty (I was a tomboy, and rode horses, seriously...), and would get mad if I made less than A's in school... She just wasn't a very warm and loving person, but that's just her personality. I know in her own funny way, she loves me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i wouldn't say the worst mom...but she wasn't there...just when we visited and talked on the phone or wrote letters.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I often went hungry. She'd literally give me bread and water to take to school for lunch. I had to wash my own clothes in the bathtub at a very young age because there was no money to do laundry and I refused to wear dirty clothes. When I was 16 she married a convicted child molester/rapist who just got out of prison for brutally beating and raping a 20 yr old woman with Downs.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• She was not the worse. But she constantly belittled me, criticized, and told me I would never be good at anything. She was wrong. I proved that when I walked across the stage at my high school graduation. I proved her wrong again when I stood and received bachelor' degree. I will prove her wrong next year when I stand and get Master's degree.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My mom was a divorced mom that had little to no help from my father there were four of us girls! My mom was not the best nor the worst I feel in my heart that she did the best she could! She was too lenient with us though and let me get away with too much! In the end I wound up doing pretty good with two sons of my own.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yep. I thought so at the time. So did my daughter. She had a bad mom too. Know what? I learned to accept the fact that my dysfunctional family were flawed human beings that even with all of their sins did the best they could, even if that best wasn't good enough for me. And so did I.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• where do I begin. She was addicted to drugs, in & out of jail. When she was around, she would beat me. She abused the welfare system. She stole my SSN & I am paying for it. She basically robbed me of a functioning family & any real shot at a happy childhood.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2010