Thinking of cutting my son's hair any tips?

He is biracial with curly hair. I have watched my hair stylist do it many times and it doesn't seem too hard. I am tired of paying 15 dollars every few weeks so I want to learn. Anyone out there have a sep by step they could give me? Do I keep it longer on top than sides or other way around? Or just even all over? How do I keep it even all over? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You need to cut the hair with the way it flows or gets parted when combed otherwise it will stick out all over the place. If you son is little and doesn't stay put for very long you may want to only trim it. I would be careful around the ears and cutting the front hair which can be tricky. Also, a towel around the neck keeps the hair off the neck which can become irritated.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I went to school for 9 months... I don't know the short version.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 2:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd be scared too.. lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• give it a shot, if you mess it up, it will grow out in a couple of weeks and you can practice again. Kids dont care, especially a boy. go slow. but give it a try, it will be fun.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Kind of hard to explain. My son has coarse curly hair and my sister showed me how to cut it, but it is better to do the sides shorter and then scissor cut the top.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2010