how can i get my son to like his step dad

when i started dating my husband my 2 boys feel in love with him and now we are married their dad came back in to their lives and ruin their relationship with their stepdad

nicolaza27

Asked by nicolaza27 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know that there is a magic solution to the problem. My best advice would be to keep the lines of communication open. Don't try to hard and make sure that they know you are there for them. Also, let them know that you both love them and are happy they have a relationship with their father. I know this is hard and not something you like to do. If you make them feel like they are doing something wrong by talking to their father and enjoying him you will only push them away. hope it helps and good luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i agree, i have a son and he's never seen his father. so it was a lil easier for me when i got married to my husband. my husband has a firmer hand when it comes to misbehaving than i do, so it was hard for my son to take his punishment and not be afraid of my husband. but now he knows that my husband only wants what best for him and loves him like he was his own son. and we've been married going on 3 years now. so it takes time. and since i'm sure my baby daddy have no plans on being a father to my son, my husband is the only father he's had. so your son have 2. let them know it's ok to love their father and your husband.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2008