Any other Moms out there, not wanting to go back to work at the end of your leave?

After my first son was born (now 2), I went back to work very soon after he was born. I did sales, and I was able to take him with me to alot of appointments. Now, after the birth of my 2nd son- I know I can never again go back to my corporate America job! I turned down several offers from my employer of 10+ yrs, in order to start working from home while taking care of my boys! Am I crazy? Any of you moms feel the same way? What did you decide? Do you have the support of your spouse? What are you doing for money?

girlcar99

Asked by girlcar99 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• OH no, I definitely did not want to go back. I was lucky enough that I didn't go back till 10 months after my first son was born and my second son I am just now going back and he's 2. I've always worked either at the daycare or school to be close to my children. I'm finishing my bachelor's degree in May and will be getting a teachers certificate just because of the kids. I'm all about having a schedule that's good for them.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I didn't want to go back when my son was born... So I didn't! I quit and stayed home with him for almost 2 years. I just started working again in May and I am really happy with my job. When/if we have another child I don't think I'll do it the same way. I'm happier at this job, it's got more growth potential, and it was so hard getting back into the working mode after being home for so long, I just don't want to go through that again.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm dealing with that right now. my daughter is 3 months so technically my leave is up and I haven't said anyting to my boss about coming back. so when i decide to say something if he says it's been too late, i'll be like oh well.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I didn't want to go back when I had my first, and I've been home ever since. I did and still do have support from my Husband. We both want me to be home with our kids. I now work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• All I wanted was to Stay at home and raise my Own Children...I was
    totally shocked at all the scams on the Internet that were targeting
    people like me.

I spent months looking, and did pay some "fees" to find out

about legitimate work from home. None of them were able to offer
    anything more than a few surveys for pay, crafts to assemble, or
    mystery shopping (all of which were nothing more than some spare
    change...not an income).

I am very excited to now Own my own Home Business.

I am working at my own pace and I have met and Teamed up with some
    Awesome Mothers and others...that have the same Goals as I DO!

I would love to share this opportunity with you. Just visit my
    website, and I will contact you with the details.

Mom's go to www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 7:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• no i didnt want to go back to work my daughter will be 3 months next wed and i hate being away from her
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010