chicco stroller

whats so special about them..my sister wants one and I cant get past the price...worth it or no

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the chicco travel system. Stroller and car seat. The car seat was waaay nicer than most ppl I knew had. It was sturdy and cushiony. The stroller I have used 3 times and my son is almost 2.
    I found it bulky and not worth the hassle. Maybe she will like it. But I fell in love with a snap-and-go. So light weight and convenient.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have the Travel System and It is well worth the price. It is now almost 4 years old and still looks New. The quality is excellent and the carrier/car seat with the base is rated one of the best for safety. You really get what you pay for with most brand name baby items. The stroller has everything you would need for quick trips and trips to the Zoo on rough terrain. I would definitly buy it again since I have seen so many others in my travels and compared them.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• P.S. It's the Chicco Cortina Travel System Set.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have the Chicco C6 (C 0.6), which isn't as pricey (but it's more for once they can sit up on their own) and I LOVE it. It's tall enough for my FIL to push comfortably, and it moves very smoothly.
    I agree that you do get what you pay for.
    However, for the first year, while my son was in the infant seat (with the base that clicks in and out), we used one of those stroller frames, where it's nothing but a frame with a basket and a way to click the seat onto the base), and we LOVED it! Plus, it was only about $60, which is cheaper than most strollers, and it was much less bulky. We figured we'd use that until we figured out what we really needed, stroller-wise. A lot of moms I know ended up not liking their travel systems, because they are so heavy and bulky.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had the Chicco Cortina travel system and loved using the stroller when I hooked the carseat into it. The stroller is nice for wheeling around the mall but I didnt like it for long walks. It seemed too bumpy for long walks and didnt push well unless we were on smooth sidewalks. If your sis is a shoppeer it would be great but if she is looking for something for outside use I think it is a waste.
    I have an awesome jogging stroller that fold up really small that I use for long walks and the mall. It is the Kolcraft Contours stroller, and has a hookup for infant carseats. I wish I would have gotten this one to begin with, I love it!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010