any one have a tragus piercing??

I had mine pierced years ago and it was pierced w a gun so it was at the edge of the cartilage and my body rejected it and it fell out.

I repierced the same ear and I have had the infamous tragus bump for 3 months now... what can i do??? I have been doing alcohol and peroxide.....

please help? do i need to take it out? The bump is on the outside and inside. It's red, no white, and crusty.... It was pierced then inserted a hoop.

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 8:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• my cartilage peirceings never grew up :) and i have the bumps u mentioned its normal but if it would set your mind at ease go to the parlor that did it and ask questions they are more qualified than us to answer :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• take it out, and let the bump heal. cartilage piercings never close, so once the bump is gone, put a smaller gauge in, and go from there... i had to do that when i got my nose pierced, AND my industrial. my body rejects the initial cartilage piercing... hope that helps dear :)

awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Wow, no idea. I have never heard of what to do for the bump. I do know I had to use saline solution for mine and not turn it. I have both mine done and they used a needle, but, she did hit a nerve with one and I nearly punched her out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Cartilage piercings DO close. I had my upper cartilage on both ears and when I pulled my hoops out, they closed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• the skin around the cartilage piercings will heal, but cartilage will not close, or heal, because there is no blood supply to it.

but to SPECIFICALLY answer your question... here you are...

http://www.ehow.com/how_2343007_heal-cartilage-piercing-bumps.html

i dont know how to make it a clickable link, i apologize. :)
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you all

Thank you Awasmer828 for the link :)
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• you shouldn't use alcohol on a piercing because it dries it up and can actually cause infection, you shouldn't use peroxide because it can cause your sterling to tarnish and pieces to break off into your blood stream and cause an infection. you should use antibacterial soap and warm, clean water, then saline solution
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was using the saline and antibacterial but nothing was getting better. :( so i read to try peroxide and i didnt have any so I used alcohol. It worked and the bump went way down and I got an infection and that went away. But I want it to be completely gone.
    Ill take the piercing out I judt want the bump.
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010