plz help so depressed

ok i had a miscarriage last march at 6 weeks and since then i been really hurt and depressed about it i try to get over it but its very hard.i been trying for another one but i have not got in pregnant yet how can i get over it? i really need help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all, dont try to get pregnant if youre not over the miscarriage yet. I know how you feel. All you can think of right now is "I want a baby!". I had a miscarriage when i was 4months along already. It was the worse thing ever happen to me. I was more than depressed. I was suicidal. That was more than 7years ago.

It took me years (!!) to get over it. And yet, i still think about my first child all the time, but it doesnt depress me anymore, now I know that it happened for a reason. Maybe my baby was sick. I dont know.

I never went to therapy after the miscarriage, because i didnt think anybody in this world would understand what I was going through. I should have done it though. And imo thats the only way to get over it someday. It will take a lot of time.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• But you need to do yourself and your hubby and of course the new (someday) baby one big favor:
    you need to get over your miscarriage before you try for a new baby. As much as it hurts but thats very important for you.
    The way you write I would think that a new baby right now would just be a replacement. And thats not what you want. Believe me. Its not possible. You will probably always remember your baby, but someday it wont hurt anymore.

I wish you good luck and sending hugs your way.
    m.robertson811

• Honestly you dont get over it. Its been 8 months since I lost my baby and even though every day get a little easier I still miss my baby. I still cry and I still wish I could have done something to save him/her. I will tell you that getting pregnant is not going to take away the pain. I am 30 weeks and I still feel the pain of losing my baby. It will get easier, just dont rush it.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I lost a baby last January, still born at 29 weeks. You will never just get over it. I don't know how much easier it is to get over a miscarriage but I do know that either way, you were attatched to that growing baby. You just have to keep looking forward and know that God loves you. He has an awesome plan for your life and if a baby is what you desire, he fufills your hearts desires. Don't get that confused with "he'll give you whatever you want". Just trust him. After we lost ours we were of course devastated, we tried again with no luck. 6 months later we got pregnant and I have the exact due date of our last baby... God knows what he's doing! I'm 18 wks and have a healthy baby. Just hang in there... it will get easier with time but you will always have pain in your heart from it. Let God give you peace. He did me. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• P.S. it will never not hurt, like someone else said. That's just silly.... you lost a baby, of course it will hurt. Even though you were only 6 wks... you will still remember the due date and all of that..
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• sometimes it can take a month to a year or two to get pregnant, i would keep trying and not let the timing get you down, eventually it will happen and since you had a misscarrage I think your chances of getting it the next time are slimer, good luck, its normal to be depressed or sad but all you can do is try and wait and hope!
    kadensmommy0204

Answer by kadensmommy0204 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008