Am I the only parent who LOATHS homework?

I mean they are there for EIGHT hours. They get 8 I get 4 a day and at least an hour of that is me cooking dinner and him taking a bath. I don't send him to school with towels to fold. I understand unfinished work, projects and studying hut 30 math problems just because? Uhg! I hated home work when I was a kid but I think I may hate it more as an adult. I am NOT a good teacher. I suck at teaching. I am getting frustrated here over simple subtraction! Lord help me when we get to algebra.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• finally someone that sees my view point...i do not get it its like us we work for 8 to came home and keep working on the same??? as a adult we do not do it but kids have to eat breath and shit work...its crazy if the teachers did a good job teaching our children then whats the point on having them spends more hours doing the same...thats why kids drop put they get overwhelm with schooling...anyways i can smell the votes down on my answer...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Homework reinforces what was taught in the classroom and keeps ME the parent aware of what my child is learning, and how they are doing. Yes it can be time consuming, but I am the parent, and part of my job as a parent is to be involved in their schooling. I honestly don't mind HW. I'd be upset if my children had teachers who never gave them any.

Anonymous

• I am right there with you....my son is in 1st grade and I get so annoyed with him while we are doing spelling homework I want to pull my hair out!! How do the teachers do it? God bless them all
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Another reason I am glad I homeschool. No homework and all our schoolwork is usually finished in 4 hours a day, 4 days a week.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• GAH! It is the worst part of our day too. It wouldn't be if my son wasn't so stubborn about doing it. I dread next year when I have two in school.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• lol my struggle is just getting him to sit still and do it! he's in kindergarten andit's not hard, he just would rather be doing anything and everything besides homework lol. and he always mysteriously has to go potty....ugh. i remind him that homework keeps his brain from forgetting what he learned in school and practice makes perfect. plus the sooner he gets it done (and right....not half-assed) then the sooner he can play. that usually does the trick lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have 4 in elementary and attend college I have too cook clean help them with there homework get them in the tub and to bed and my homework  we have very crazy and busy 

lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No, not at all. If we expect our children to learn everything they need to know - and commit it to memory - and become competent in that subject - only during school hours? Our expectations would be unreasonable.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Homework serves a purpose and it is not just busy work. I am a former teacher, BTW. HW's job is to reinforce those things learned in the classroom. The students will need to know how to do certain things before they can move to the next level of schooling.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 6:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• They spend enough time in school, they shouldn't have to work more when they get home. When do they get to be kids? Oh, I forgot, on weekends and holidays, right? When I was little, I was homeschooled. We had all our school done by noon and we were ADVANCED. We spent the rest of the day playing in the woods. That's what kids were made for!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010