How to put my 17 month daughter to sleep

Im trying to get her to sleep in her own bed. She"s the only one of my 4 kids I had this problem with. Rvrfytime its time for bed she runs from her bed lol. So when I catch her and put her in the bed all she does is cry and when she finally stop cring and I lay in my bed its like she smells me and stands up in her bed and cry until I get up. Im not a hard sleeper so I hear her when she stands up in her bed. One time I tried to ignore so she open her papmer and pee her bed smh so I took her out the bed.
I need so kind of advice she drives me crazy.

lovelypisces

Asked by lovelypisces at 8:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine is 21 months... when you find out let me know!

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have found that my 21 month old DD has a hard time transitioning from to day to night because she gets all hyper. So What we do is have a "slow down" time. Every night before she goes to bed I read her a story or two in the rocking chair and then when I put her in her crib I rub her back to help her get comfortable. I find that the process we go through every night helps her calm down and fall asleep.... and ever since we started she hasn't had a problem going to bed. Then again.... every kid is different and this might not work for everyone.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have a 24month old boy he used to be like that he would do that to my husband when I was around otherwise he would just go and laid with him and fall asleep now since 7 months ago he goes and lays with me watch tv a little and falls asleep by himself
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• try giving her your shirt that you wore that day, the smell of you may help her sleep.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010