(TMI) period/weird bleeding question

I have very irregular periods since having my son (even though I am on birth control). I had my period October 1-7, and started this weird bleeding October 17-now. It has been really strange... dark and light brown and sometimes pinkish, but for a day or two somewhere in the middle, it was normal red blood, like a period. Today, when I went to the bathroom, there was a "string" of really thick, very dark brown "blood". continue below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• I don't know what's going on. I've never had this happen before, and I'm worried that something may be wrong?? I called my doctor one day last week & told his nurse that I was having horrible, irregular periods again. She said that they just needed to call me in a different type of birth control pills. Now, since it's been so strange & such weird bleeding, I don't know what to think. I'm calling back Monday, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen, and what caused it? Thanks! ((sorry for the gross details!))
    Anonymous

• miscarrage?
    Anonymous

• I had a strange gross period (like yours) for a month a couple of years ago. Eventually I called my doc, and to my surprise, she told me to take a pregnancy test. I did and it was positive.....I was totally floored. Have you taken a test?
    Anonymous

• I have the weird stringy brownish discharge everytime I have a period anymore. I'm also on BC. I get the Depo shot. I've only had about 3 periods since my son was born 10 months ago & they've all been light & then i'll have the stringy stuff. I have no idea what it could be.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 5:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Wow... No, haven't even thought to take a test. BUT, even if I am pregnant, I don't think I would be able to get an accurate test result for another week or so. Yikes... my son is only 9 months old! :-0
    Anonymous