Does age difference between your children really matter?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• It matters when it comes to socialization between siblings, what they share and when. In areas like love, family, and unity age has no bearing.
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 8:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My kids are three years apart. that is the way god made them. I wonder if people see it the way I do. All where unplanned and just happened.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't think so. Mine were really spaced. 4 years between first 2 and 11 between the 2nd and 3rd
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yes. you need to have them close together, otherwise the duct tape gets expensive.

seriously, no, age gap doesn't matter. sibling will always fight, even if they act like best friends the rest of the time. the rest depends on what the parents want.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 8:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Depends on the spacing. A couple years, no. My siblings are within a year of each other but I am 10 years younger than all of them. It was like being an only child. They were all out of the house by the time I was 7. Very lonely.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Awww I'm sorry Jademom, I can imagine how you would feel like that!
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My brothers were 14, 15, and 16 when I was born. The way I see it, I had the best of both worlds. Spoiled like an only child but still had fun with my brothers! It was hard when I was a teenager...we didn't have anything in common and they no longer wanted to take me everywhere. Now I am in my 30's and they are in their 40's and its great! It just makes for different relationships. My first 2 are 18 mos. apart, then 3 yrs. between 2 and 3 and 5 years between 3 and 4.
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 9:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No, its about family dynamics not age difference, my sister and I are 4 years apart and very close, my Mum and her sister are 14 years apart and are very close also.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010