Can anyone recommend a good pregnancy nutrition book?

That can help with not gaining more than a healthy amount of weight

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There's a great book called "Before Your Pregnancy". I didn't answer until I saw that you aren't pregnant yet! It will help you get an idea of how to prepare your body, at least, and give you an idea of how to eat once you become pregnant.
    Other than that, you just kind of follow the regular guidelines- eat plenty of fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, keep your sugar intake low, make sure you get your Omega-3s in (be careful about mercury and fish), and eat small, frequent meals to keep your blood sugar steady (it's easy to get light headed when you're pregnant). Drink plenty of water, stay away from caffeine.... Etc.
    Make sure you're taking a prenatal vitamin now, too, and continue through your pregnancy and while you're nursing (if you choose to nurse).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am not sure there is a specific book...but eat a lot of fruits and veggies. A nice amt of protein, calcium...the basics really. I would advise more veggies than anything, help keep you healthy and regular as well as all those excellent nutrients for baby and you!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thanks. I'm not pregnant yet, I just wanted to be ahead of the game and start reading now.
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That's what I am looking for, Thank you!!! Oh yeah, and I will be nursing ;o)
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010