Why am I fat?

Today I have eaten: 1 small coffee, 1/2 a yogurt, 1/2 an apple and a table spoon of walnuts for breakfast. 1/2 a McDouble for lunch and a small slice of meat loaf, some brown rice and a huge portion of peas and carrots for dinner. I walked 3 miles at work. (I work in a kennel walking dogs) and another mile at the park pushing DD in the stroller. I know the Mcdouble was bad but that's why I only ate half. I was hungry and only had a dollar. Normally I have a bigger breakfast and no lunch because I have no time or money for lunch. Yesterday I ate a bagel and cream cheese with a piece of ham and grapes for breakfast and spaghetti for dinner with a big salad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• It helps to fill up on fruit and veggies. Also, organic food has no chemicals so your body can release all the sludge built up in your system and focus on absorbing the nutrients.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Because you are not eating enough, especially if you normally skip lunch. If your body doesn't get enough calories, then it will start going into a starvation mode where it stores as much calories it can. Start eating more well balanced meals and try to at least get in 1500 calories a day.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• McDouble is horrible. I enjoy them also but they are loaded with sodium and atrificial substances.
    Coffee is not good for you, even though you had a small amount be sure to drink water before and after coffee.
    You need to eat less beef and more chicken, fish, or tofu. Protein is better than carbs. Everything in moderation but still adequate amount for you.

If you have the same amount of exercise maybe add more into your routine. Salas is not great for you- the dressing is empty calories and fat. Fresh veggies are better.
    Skipping meals is not good.

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My dh and I have this same conversation about his weight. JeremysMom nailed it on the head. It took 3 years of wondering what was going on, but a doctor confirmed it.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I work til 1:30 with no break and when I get home it's so late for lunch I wait until dinner. If I get hungry I eat some carrots or something. McDOnalds is rare. I only got it because I had a dollar in my pocket adn it was easy. lol. I do use dressing but I dip the fork not pour it on. I can't afford a lof of fish and white meat chicken. so we do a lot of spaghetti and meatloaf and stuff. We just don't haev the money to eatr lean meats regularly so we eat a lof of veggies, chicken legs and ground beef.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Try packing a lunch with you to eat at 1:30 when you get off. Even if it is just a snack type lunch, this will help. As far as the meat, see if you can find chicken in bulk and freeze the rest. Scope out the meat section and find out when they put their meats on sale. If you still can not afford meat, then try beans. They are rich in proteins and much better for you than red meats.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We make our won dressing. Olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• you're not eating enough. eat at least 6 small meals a day...meals not snacks like what you've been having. your body needs calories to function as well as to burn
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Also, maybe have your thyroid checked. Either that or be patient. Losing weight takes time!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Don't call yourself fat by the sounds of your post you are eating good but everything is all mixed up first of all make sure you are drinking lots of water and continue to eat all the healthy stuff. Try not to starve yourself bc it will only make you want to pig out so take it slow and give it time only time will tell. GL (Stay away from starches, sugars and soft drinks).
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010