Are babies born on holidays anymore?

I guess I'm asking more about the hospital born babies than the homebirths. Seems like docs don't want to work on the holidays and schedule inductions so they don't. Just wondering if any of your babies have been born on holidays at a hospital??? My bday is on a holiday and I'm pregnant and due near Thanksgiving so I was just wondering...

mrs_hartline

Asked by mrs_hartline at 12:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Your Dr. or whoever is filling in for him/her WILL come in to deliver your baby if your in Labor on a holiday! with my first DD Yum Kippur was the day she was born and my jewish Dr. came in for it. He was dissapointed it was a girl and No briss to perform, but he was there for the birth!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My baby girl was the New Years Baby!!
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 12:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• The baby is going to come weather a doctor is there or not. They cant say nope you have to wait until tomorrow, im busy.
    CharlotteluvsJ

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 1:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I WAS BORN ON THANKSGIVING :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• The doctor can't induce without the mom's OK and most mom's won't allow it.
    However, if a c-section is needed, then the baby probably won't be born on a weekend or holiday.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My BIL was born on the 4th of July.. 28 years ago and I know a gal that just had a baby yesterday, on the 4th, as well! It was a scheduled induction on July 3rd.
    LaneyCsMommy

Answer by LaneyCsMommy at 1:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My son was born on Cinco de Mayo - margaritas were not available, regrettably.
    CharlieBoysMom

Answer by CharlieBoysMom at 10:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My dd was born Oct 31, 2006.... i was induced oct. 30. but i dont think my dr cared much about halloween, since they called him out of choir practice to come check on me...
    It was a joke for months before hand that we where going to have a pumpkin baby-- halloween is our favorite holiday! And my maiden name makes it more comical...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009