cute halloween snack/treats ideas?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well how cute is this Teeth Made Out of Apples Halloween Recipe Apple Bites

Others ideas are here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I made mini pumpkin cakes last year for my sons birthday(oct 27). I used miniture bunt cake pan and a carrot cake. then put the two "cakes" together to make the pumpkin.(i would use a stiffer cake though i had a little trouble getting them to stay together and upright, maybe a sponge cake died orange?). Then orange frosting and a half slice of green candy on top for the stem.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My favorite thing to do for Halloween parties is make a simple, no-bake cheesecake. Once it's chilled, I warm hot fudge sauce and use a butter knife to make a spiderweb pattern on the cheesecake with it. I then make a batch of Oreo "Spiders", with pretzels stuck into the cream for legs and orange icing eyes and mouths. I always get comments when they're served together, and it's really quick and easy!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Halloween Orange and Black Quesadillas with Green Ghoul Drool (Salsa Verde) for dipping

4 cups steamed pumpkin/squash (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
    4 teaspoon oil
    1 cup black beans
    4 green onions (chopped)
    4 handfuls cheese (grated, cheddar cheese and/or Monterey jack cheese)
    8 large tortillas

Directions:

1. Mix the squash, black beans, and green onion.

2. Melt a touch of butter in a pan. Place a tortilla in the pan and top with ΒΌ of the pumpkin mixture, the cheese and the remaining tortilla.

4. Fry until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted. (Tip: To flip, place a plate on top of the quesadilla in the pan and flip so that it ends up on the plate and then slide it back onto the pan.)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• family fun magazine,parenting, womans day,kaboose all had cute ideas for Halloween
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• These look fun for halloween

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/Recipes/8-Graveyard-Goodies.html
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son is older now, but when he was younger I would make skeleton hands for his class parties.

1.) Use clear hand gloves.
    2.) At the very end of each finger in the glove place a piece of candy corn (fingernails).
    3.) Then to fill up the remaining use popcorn to represent the bones and tie off the end of the glove with black, orange, and white curly ribbon.

I would also make ghost suckers.

1.) Buy Tootsie Roll Pops
    2.) Cover with white felt and use beady eyes and small black felt for mouth. Tie around with the curly ribbon.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Witch's Hands

You'll need:

clear plastic serving gloves
    candy corn
    spider rings
    popcorn
    black ribbon

To assemble:

poke one candy corn through each finger of the glove to make the fingernails.
    fill the glove full of popcorn
    slide on the spider ring
    tie with the ribbon

Super easy and really cute!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I like to make my kids sandwiches and use a cookie cutter on the bread and cheese. You can also make your own pizza and design a face on it.
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010