If your ex abused and raped you would you allow him to have visitation with your kids

My ex is trying to sue me for visitation of my 2 kids and I feel he has no rights am I wrong?

miamormivida

Asked by miamormivida at 9:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• No you're not wrong! If he's abusive towards you, he may turn on his kids! Keep him away!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Do you have documentation? Try to get everything in writing medical records, police reports etc just to back you up. It seems like common sense but a judge might say he never hurt the kids just you. I completely agree with YOU but you want to have your back covered. You are not wrong to feel that way. Have you pressed charges?
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If it is not recorded and he was not CONVICTED then he has every right to have visitation his HIS/YOUR children. A judge will allow it and you just look bitter not allowing it now. Is it right? Probably not but, that is life.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I did but i never went back to court for it. I left the state and went far away. i was told that I had to be there for court
    miamormivida

Comment by miamormivida (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think I would get an attorney and reopen the case.... Otherwise he's going to get visitation and you're going to be back to where you started, and your children will be in danger...GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, please get a lawyer. If he gets visitation and he's angry at you, he could hurt the kids to get back at you.PLEEEASE, get a lawyer or domestic violence shelters to help you.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010