So sad for my nephew...

My brother has a 7 year old boy with a horrible person .... she was ok for the first few years of his life but she is just a big druggie who puts everything ahead of her son. She only sees him twice a year... and constantly breaking promises to come see him... My brother recently got married and had another baby with a woman who we all think is great and has really been acting like his mom..... UNTIL a couple days ago I went to their house and when I walked in I heard her YELLING at him, saying " Do not call me mom... I am not your mom !!!" ... I understand she is not his bio mom... but why in the world would you yell that at a little boy who has been through so much ....

Should I say something to my brother or just mind my own buisness ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• so sad...she prob thought noone heard her. i would say something to bro but not in a tattletale way, just in a curious way. Like, what does your son call her because I overheard her saying not to call her mom, something like that.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That is so sad I am sorry to hear it! I would probably ask out of concern for my nephew.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That is horrible. Maybe mention it to your brother in a non-confrontational way. GL
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Record her and share it with your brother because she has him fooled. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would gently talk to her about it in private and very casually. Have her feelings changed toward him since she has had her own child? Is the baby new and maybe she is dealing with PPD? That was not a nice thing to say at all but maybe there is a way to repair the damage as long as stepmom is onboard. Maybe it would be better to talk to your brother if you are closer to him though, like you said.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Seriously... I think she is a bitch and she is prob only nice to that child in front of people. She has to go. he was here first and he doesnt deserve to be treated like that. your brother needs to get rid of her. She prob doesnt like him and will always make him feel unwanted. no child deserves that. He didnt ask to be born he shouldnt be second or abused by anyone.
    ChristinaMarie5

Answer by ChristinaMarie5 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Blending a family is very difficult. There could be many reasons why this was occuring. It could be that him calling her mom offended her as his mother is not a nice person. They could have been arguing and he said it and she said it out of anger. It could have just been that she is overwhelmed with everything that is going on right now.

This does not mean that this woman is not a nice person. Since the moment is lost of gently prompting "hey, is everything ok, you sound stressed", I would do as above and gently talk to her.
    Maybe she just needs someone to talk to.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would definitly say something! Poor kid
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 12:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• IDK. Its not really your business, but if you see her doing something like that again, tell his dad. No child deserves to be treated that way.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Poor kid. I don't know whether you should say something... it's not exactly your business (as a PP said) but at the same time the child doesn't deserve that...
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010