WWYD, hubby related... will try and not rant/vent! adult content

Facts: 1) we've not had sex OR a date night since last December. 2) Tomorrow night was supposed to be the night. He took the night off work, had his Mom booked to take the kids, etc. 3) He's made a series of terrible financial choices lately (smoking even though we have like $500 worth of Nicotine patches in the house) buying fancy soda in glass bottles, buying $25 IronMan 2, Burger King & Subway non stop, etc.... Now tomorrow night is canceled 'cuz we're broke.... I am trying not to pout or cry because showing my sadness makes him be mean to me. I feel like he intentionally sabotaged date night. What do I do, say, how do I respond? I am beside myself. Plus tomorrow night will be so AWKWARD since he wont be working.... he'll just be here, sitting, in my way, annoying me and bitching at the kids.... blecchhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• this is what i am talking about WTF is going on somethings in the air MEN BULLSHIT...OMG every place you turn you see this ass hole acting like a bunch of dick heads...sorry mama I AM AT THE I HATE MEN POINT
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Why do you have to go? Make a nice dinner have it by candle light and sit and watch a movie in the dark
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Ok this can go two ways. You can fight and bi**h and get no where. Which you have every right to do.

Or you can try to make the best of it. If you want to be with him then try to enjoy a night in together.
    Sex doesnt cost money.... do that! Lots! haha.
    Have him help you cook a romantic dinner for both of you.

Take a walk together, snuggle and watch Tv.

GL and hope u have a good night no matter what!

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• MOMMY FOR TWO THATS NOT THE POINT THE POINT IS THAT HE DID WHAT HE WANTED AND DID NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT HIS WIFE...she has been waiting for like ever wtf thats bullshit hang him from the balls...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

Yeah, that will be good for the marriage...
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 10:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• First off, I hate that this happened to you, I know it stings. My sweetie canceled our first date nite in the year and a half since our daughter was born because he spent the money on cigs. He didn't do it to hurt me, I just hadn't told him how much I was looking forward to it... it wasn't as big a deal to him. Once we talked, he hasn't done it since. Could your situation be similar? Or perhaps he's nervous about being alone like this if it's been so long. Either way, I say talk to him casually before tomorrow night gets here. Try not to get upset, just tell him you were looking forward to it and spending the set-aside money upset you. See what he says. Then let the in-laws take the kids, and could I suggest a walk in the park, maybe a small picnic? If he's willing to talk to you, you might be surprised at what a good conversation can do for your intimate lives... ;)
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• you pair need a good day to talk about all this, men need to be told what to do all their lifes. as much as us women hate having to say what we epect, we have to do it, otherwise men will continue doing what they do. hes acting a lil selfish and its up to you to bring it to his attention, u need his love and support as much as he needs yours. use tomorrow nite as a night to get to have the house to yourselfs and talk and hopefully you will find that spark again and will get it on lol. good luck, hope all works out and you get a better date night after your talk.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If the no sex thing and no affection thing continues you will find yourself alot older and still asking the same question. If it continues you have to confront the issue and if it doesn't change ask yourself if you are willing to spend the rest of your life without intamacy or attention. And if all he does is bitch at the kids what are they getting out of the marriage. He is not fufilling his marital responsibilities or duties. You need to talk no matter if he gets mad or not.
    treece

Answer by treece at 1:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You dont have to have a date night out...let mom still take the kids and enjoy your night with DH....My husband does the same thing...although I am the one that smokes not him...But still aside from the little i smoke he spends the money....so we find someone willing to take DS and i make a nice dinner and we will have a glass of wine with it and just enjoy the night with eachother....no money dosnt mean no romance...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• give him a bf but no intercourse and tell him thats how insensitive he was to your feelings why should you care about his and him your all. what a dick! he still has one day to somehow make it all better but doubt he will. i wonder if you could keep us posted i would like to know what happened.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010