Bed-rest ... SUCKS! What do I do now?

How do I keep the house up; cook dinner.... Keep myself busy. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

AugustMidge

Asked by AugustMidge at 9:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You don't! Your husband/SO is going to have to help out a lot. Do you have close friends or family that can help you? Here is a great website for women with high risk pregnancies....this kept me busy when I was on bedrest.

http://www.sidelines.org/

The house can wait until someone can do it for you.  The most important thing is to stay off your feet and let that little baby cook!  Everything else can wait............well except food.  Maybe a local church could help you with prepared meals.  Good luck!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• do the time girl...bedrest at home is so much better than being put in hospital on mag'....sleep!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would ask for some help around the house from family members. Playing online, watch movies, read some books and watch tv are some of the things I'm doing on bedrest
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I actually had a custumer today that told me she was high risk and doc told her bed rest but she said she has stuff to do. I wanted to tell her what I thought but I didn't. I know if I was told bed rest I would listen to doc b/c your putting your child in danger. Do you have a DH/SO, friend,relative to help you?
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I understand feeling like a burden. I have been on bed rest since week 22...am now week 29. It gets boring and I feel so bad for abadoning my coworkers as work is really been busy since I've been gone. But its all for my little bundle..she's worth it.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 11:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you.
    AugustMidge

Comment by AugustMidge (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would have been compelled to kick her butt all the way back to bed. That is irritating. My SO is going to help me with what he can. Cleaning, the animals all that stuff. He tries to cook, really he does but well... lets just say he could use some work. I am currently talking to my girlfriends and seeing if they can pitch in some. One works full time and the other has two children and a husband herself. I just feel like such a burden. Also I am just worried and so on. Trying to think positive.
    AugustMidge

Comment by AugustMidge (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You're not a burden!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I feel for you! I was in the hospital, it was so bad! You are not a burden, you like to help others right? Well this is your time to let others help you. find a craft or find a book series to read! I wish you the best and I hope it goes by quick for you! get rest before your baby comes
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2010