cosmetic contact lenses?

So does not need or use contacts or glasses for correcting his eye but he bought some of those colored ones (the non prescription ones) to wear for Halloween. They were delivered today and he tried them out. The right one is perfectly fine, but the left one keeps shifting and moving, while the other stays in place. They have a design on them and from what he's telling me when the left one shifts, it makes it hard to see (because of the design I assume).

I'm just curious if anyone knows how to maybe fix it. Again, the right one isn't moving around or shifting. Just the left. And he's tried taking it out and putting it back in, and it's not fixing it.

Mom.Since07

Asked by Mom.Since07 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• I am assuming that he did not have to get measurments for his eyes from the dr to order these so I would think it is probably the curvature of his eye. the contact is probably not sitting right on his eye if the curvature is off or the contact itself could be deformed. have him look at the both closely to see if one is shaped a little different. I wear colored contacts and if one of them slips over my pupil I can see the color so that is what he is seeing when it is moving around.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would throw them away. There has been a lot of reports of people developing serious eye infections due to these cosmetic lenses.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Is it inside out. My contacts do that if it is flipped the wrong way.

ANY contacts can give you an eye infection. Take them out before bed. And don't wear them a lot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• if you have astigmatism its hard to keep them aligned i had issues w/ my purple lenses.. it could b in at a strange angle or may b dry try removing the putting in saline solution and reinserting it may fix it :) TO EVERYONE: not just "cosmetic" lenses cause infections . my eye care provider tells everyone who wears them to keep them in sterile solution when not wearing and never exceed 30 day wear consecutively on the cosmetic lenses.. never sleep in them. hope i helped :) as long as your careful no infection should result
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010