What if the popular vote counted

What if the popular vote counted and not the electoral votes? We would have McCain vs. Hillary Clinton.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That would be a nice foot in the door for women.
    Anonymous

• I didn't realize that. seems like the electoral thing needs to change. remember gore got the popular vote? how about the superdelegates? they were established in case the delegates seemed not to pick the right candidate. i think the forefathers and some elitists thing the people are too dimwitted to know who is good for us. i disagree but it is what it is.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Then Al Gore would have been president for the last 8 years. We would all be driving hybrids, not paying 4 bucks a gallon. And we wouldn't be spending 10 billion a month on a war.

Anonymous

• If it wasn't for the electoral college, the country would basically be run by people living in big cities. Politicians would only cater to the most populated areas to get votes.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Lol Anon 536 thats a good one. You actually think the President control the price of gas in this country. LMBO. Its called supply and demand. And all I have to say is THANK GOODNESS I do not have anyone telling me what type of car I have to drive. Talk about the government overstepping their bounds. Oh and instead of keeping the war over there, we would be still be attacked on our home soil. Making 9/11 more of a commonality than a rarity.
    Anonymous

• How do you think I feel I'm from Montana where we only have 3 electoral votes, I think popular vote should be mandatory, but heck they can't even get the count right now, what is the point.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• We did not get attack by iraq that has been proven over and over. Funny how the PNAC wrote letters to Clinton to go into Iraq and Bush has the same people on his team. Also ? on the gas. Gas has went down 50% but I have not seen people around here using 50% less and when our dollar is down and worth less too. I still say if we would of went with the popular vote if would of been a big point for the women in the country if Hillary could of ran.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Maureen. The system was designed to balance the popular vote. To slightly minimize the say that larger states have and to slightly increase the say that smaller states have. This helps prevent states like California from being the only ones that matter.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Then each vote would matter. And states like WA wouldnt be dominated by half the state.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Anon 602, we are currently fighting wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan. We are fighting Al Qaeda terrorists in both countries. We are fighting a war against Al Qaeda.
    Anonymous