Have any of you ladies used PlentyofFish.com?

I've been single for about two years now and would like to get back into the dating scene. Its been even longer since I've gone through the 'getting to know you' process with a guy; therefore, I'm considering POF as an option.

TipToe19

Asked by TipToe19 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• im on POF...i like it : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• @mamagee1218, if you had to rate it on a scale of 1-10, what would it be and why?
    TipToe19

Comment by TipToe19 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Go for it....I made one because a friend knew her husband was on it and she wanted me to keep tabs on him...lol...good luck...i know one of the other sites like chemestry has a free weekend or something like that coming up that you could try...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have not personally, but a very good friend of mine has and she has met a couple of nice guys on there.. one that she is dating exclusively right now.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I rate it a 10!!!!!

It's where I met my honey.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I like it. I've met some great people on POF

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I used it long ago when I was single, and I liked it. I also liked lavalife.com (not sure if that's still around.) I think ANY dating site is worth trying if it gets you out and meeting new people. Have fun!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ugh... I did an experiment...I created my profile without my picture at first. Hardly got any responses (which was fine, I understand that there needs to at least be some attraction.) but then I posted like 3 pictures. Within minutes my inbox was flooded. The majority that I responded to only wanted to hook up, not what I was looking for. The others were just too damn eager to meet in person, like right that night! It was too crazy for me. I deleted my account & 3 days later I found my now DF
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• From personal experience meeting someone online.. Don't know them online exclusively before you make any big decisions.. You may be able to talk about anything and seem to have a wonderful connection.. but there are things you don't know.. ways people act.. things people do.. Sorta like dating in general but on a much bigger scale.. like, for instance, when you spruce up and dress all nice (probably nicer than you usually dress) and primp and all for the date.. to impress.. you lead the conversation towards things that make you look good not towards the deep dark secrets that might scare someone off.. When talking online, even with video chat, you don't see everything or hear everything.. things can be easily hidden.. lifestyles, habits, other people (especially if you are in different zip codes)..

Not trying to scare you off of the online thing.. just make sure if you MEET someone online that you get to KNOW them in person!
    LJC6780

Answer by LJC6780 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2011