What is your most vivid childhood memory? adult content

What triggers it? Sounds, smells? Being at a certain place?

I have several, but the one that will always remain with me was when I found out my sister had committed suicide. The smell of Cyanide, a heavy almond scent triggers it for me. I have blotted out some of things that happened that day, but I always recall asking my step-mom for a dime to call her. Something deep inside said she was in trouble. No dime, no call. I always wonder if that dime could have saved her. Sorry, it is a bad memory. She is at peace now.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• The most vivid would be watching my brother get run over by a truck (he was in a coma and is now perminatly handicapped). He got hit at a BP gas station when we were 13 and now everytime I'm at a BP I'm reminded of that day. Everytime I see a patient of mine on life support, I'm reminded of my brother in the hospital. That day forever changed my life.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• with family of 14kids my mom worked cleaning house and at night she would send all to bed while she would stay up all night baking home bread and sweet rolls,now this was not one loaf but mom would make 12 loafs at a time and her sweet rolls where to die for i can smell them now mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so good mom thanks
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My mother trying to cut off my head and hands for stealing a fifty cent pack of gum. on the lighter side my dad making bacon
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Me wrecking my tricyle and getting stitches. I still have that tricycle.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Watching my sister being raped and trying to stop it. She was 8, I was 5. Then being threatened by a knife to stay out of it or he'd kill me. I still remember the texture on the door as I stood listening to her scream my name.
    Anonymous

• waking up at the wrong time and being molested.Also my parents letting a bully beat up my brother in our yard when he was only 11 or so. I had horrible parents. The sight of sausage bugs me and the sound of lotion (due to my molestation) also leopard prints
    Sorry for your loss
    I'll trade moms with dutchcanadian any day!
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 10:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sitting as a family at night watching our favorite shows together and Dad making us all some great snack tray or fresh kettle popcorn. Then laughing and actually interacting with one another. Family dinners too when we would all try to talk at same time and tell all the stories of the day. Ahhh the good ole days.
    treece

Answer by treece at 1:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010