sooo is it bad to be induced! at 39 weeks and 2 days adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no.. the baby is full term so it's ok! :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No I was induced at 37 weeks 4 days and my baby was perfectly healthy and weighed 7 lbs 9 oz
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It is if your baby was supposed to be born at 42+ weeks. But, if it was going to come naturally at 40 weeks, then, no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was induced at 38 weeks and labor was 32 hours long. Pitocen gave me hour long contractions and at hour 29, I had not progressed so they gave me the epidural and broke my water.

If i were to do it again, I wouldn't!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was induced at 36 wks..... I had high blood pressure
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If they're inducing you because there's something seriously wrong with you or the baby, that's one thing. But if there isn't a problem, you and the baby will probably be healthier if they don't.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was induced at 39w1d because of preeclampsia and pitocin did give me some really hard contractions, but my labor was only 15 hours and I had no complications from the induction. I wouldn't do it again if it wasn't absolutely necessary, but it wasn't that bad.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If there is not a medical reason for it then I would say yes because inductions come with LOTS of risk. Sometimes inductions are necessary but many times they are not.

You are not over due until 42 weeks so putting medical reasons aside there is no reason to induce a mother simply because she is nearing her due date.

I had a really, really bad induction experience that ended in a massive bleed out because of the medication that was used.

I was uneducated about inductions with my first child. My doctor induced me with Cytotec. A drug that I now know is NOT FDA approved for use in pregnant women. The labeling ON THE PACKAGE WARNS NOT TO USE FOR INDUCTIONS but doctors ignore it on a daily basis because it's cheap and fast. The problem is that it puts a women at tramendous risk of a uterine rupture or a massive bleed out.

Pitocin can hyperstimulate the uterus which can also cause uterine rupture, hemmorage, and
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• put the baby in distress.

Breaking your water prematurely puts you at a high risk for infection because along with AROM doctors also do multiple vaginal exams.

ALL OF THESE increase your risk for a c-section by up to 50% depending on your doctor, hospital and reaction to the drug.

If you HAVE to be induced....MAKE SURE they use Cervidil as a cervical ripener instead of Cytotec. It cost more....a lot more but it is covered by all plans that cover induction and it is derived from ingrediants that are simliar to male sperm. It takes longer but it is WELL WORTH IT because the risk from this drug are signicantly LOWER.

Walk and move as much as possible once the cervical ripener has had a chance to work. Request that they minimize vaginal exams and avoid pitocin if possible. If you have to have pitcoin ask that they start it at the lowest dose possible first to see if that gets things going.

DO YOUR RESEARCH!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010