• In the Spotlight:

if my son is 3 1/2 months old is it safe to paint his face for halloween

babi_momma71008

Asked by babi_momma71008 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well to me it depends on how you want to paint it. If it's somethign like wiskers, I would say probably ok. As long as it's safe face paint! But if it's all over, I would say no.
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 6:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• ya i just want to put a little something to go with his bumble bee costume
    babi_momma71008

Answer by babi_momma71008 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't see the harm in it. If it's not going to get in his mouth, nose, or eyes I'd say you're good!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 6:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• my son is 4 mos old and we just got his face painted at a festival we have in our home town every year and he was fine this was about 2 weeks ago.
    alana86

Answer by alana86 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i wouldn't, just in case he gets it into his mouth. god only knows what is in it!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I wouldn't, but my daughter has rather sensitive skin. You are properly the best judge of whether you think it will irritate his face.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I would paint a small spot on his face and leave it on there for like an hour (or less) to see if it irritates his skin any. If not then have a blast! :)
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 9:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• in my opinon, i wouldnt... my reasoning, is that they have such delicate skin, even if the makeup is non toxic etc, you just never know, and plus he had baby acne and i just wouldnt want anything to get in the pores. Plus, i would hate to have to fight him later with a wash clothe to get the makeup off..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Go for it! It's your child, you do what you want! As long as he's not going to get it in his mouth he should be fine. Have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2008