What's so great bout Texas???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 10:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Travel

• I just moved to NC after living in Texas for almost 31 years (pretty much all my life). I love it. There are so many great places to travel, for the most part, everyone is generally friendly. The Hill Country is wonderful and so is Austin. South Padre is fun. Texas also has it's issues, ego sometimes being one, but overall I think Texas is a pretty great state.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 10:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm moving down there next year so I am curious about the answers. Here's a bump.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Everything is bigger in Texas!
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• chili?
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Not a big fan of Texas but their Mexican food is soooooo yummy. Our area in SC doesn't have any good Mexican restaurants. My SIL lives in Austin and she loves that area. And my mom lived in San Antonio for a short time and she loved it there, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It depends on where you are in Texas. I live in Fort Worth, and we have a great downtown area, great museums, and the best zoo I have ever visited. The whole state has great Mexican food and BBQ. Along the coast, you can get great seafood. The hill country has beautiful wildflowers in the spring. Also, in the hill country, you can visit Enchanted Rock and Fredericksburg, which has lot of great shops. San Antonio has the Riverwalk.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Cost of living!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i plan to visit my cuzin out there next yr. wanted to know wht its like
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 6:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010