What is a reasonable amount to pay a 15 year old to babysit a 2 yr old and 4 yr old?

They usually do it in my home. I supply the ride. And the food and drink for my children.

nbr1momndad

Asked by nbr1momndad at 12:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have to pay sitters 5-6 bucks an hour for 2 kids. For each kid over that its an extra dollar an hour
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It depends on the time, like if they're sleeping for most of it...My hubby and I usually go out from 6-10 on a date night and since my kids are only up for 2 of those hours, we usually only pay 20 or so...
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 12:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Just a heads up where I live you can not leave kids alone with anyone younger than 18. I recently had a friend leave her daughter who is 16 alone with her 4 year old son and the police showed up at her work. She was lucky enough that the police warned about the law but they did say next time child services would be involved. I never knew about that law until that incident so u may want to check it out.
    maddysmommy907

Answer by maddysmommy907 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I think it really depends on where you live, but we pay our 16-year-old babysitter $10 per hour to watch our 4-year-old twins. We also made her take a babysitting class before she could watch the kids when we were not home.
    momwirad

Answer by momwirad at 11:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2008