sleepless nights

i need help! My son is 3 1/2 months old and he started sleeping through the night at about 2 1/3 to 3 months but here in the last week he only sleeps for between 1 and 2 hours at a time. could something be wrong? and does anyone have any tips for helping the baby sleep?

babi_momma71008

Asked by babi_momma71008 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I am remembering right babies go through a growth spurt which can be uncomfortable. If he is eating, peeing, and pooping right I wouldn't be too worried. Also have you notice if he is real gassy. My DD was and she would do like that if I didn't give her gas medicine before she went to sleep. I hope your LO starts to sleep better soon. GL
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 6:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• my 4 month old did that. but then i made her night/bed time bottle with a little bit of ceral and shes back to her normal schedule again
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• my daughter did that... doc said it was just a growth spurt... she did it again at 6 months.
    ryleyslennon

Answer by ryleyslennon at 9:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Cereal right before be should help
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 9:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You may have heard that giving your baby cereal will encourage sleeping longer at night. This simply isn't true. A baby's immature digestive system isn't ready for solid food until some time around the middle of the first year, and solids given too early may actually upset a baby's tummy. Babies should have nothing but breastmilk and/or formula for the first 6 months.
    With too-early food, your baby runs the risk of poor digestion and poor absorption of food. That's almost certain. At best, food given too early passes through his system undigested.
    It is probably a growth spurt. Feed him more frequently and he'll probably be over it soon!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• do you give your baby a massage before bed.. does he have a bedtime routine? we have a strict routine, bath, massage, dressed, bottle or breast, bed... he has slept thru the night since he was between 4-5 weeks old, and is now 3.5 mos
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• ok thanks but if i give him cereal do i put a little in a bottle or just in a little bowl and try to feed it too him
    babi_momma71008

Answer by babi_momma71008 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008