am i wrong?

Im due any day with baby number 2. When i do go into labor i decided im sending my daughter down with my mom. I do not trust her other grandparents (which im living with) . i think they will spank her for everything and anything which i am against and i think they will smoke around her. I told her father im sending her down bc my mom hardly gets to see her. which really isnt a lie either. i just didnt tell him the whole truth. am i wrong for not telling him the whole reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope! not if the whole truth would hurt his feeling or cause a fight.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• No, I don't think you're wrong.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You're not wrong. You're avoiding a fight and keeping whats best for the child in mind. I have to do basically the same thing with my boyfriend because his mom believes in spanking and will smoke while feeding my baby and thinks there's nothing wrong with it, so when i go to work I tell him I'd rather leave the baby with his sister cause her house is full of baby toy instead of telling him I don't like his mothers parenting.
    nataliesupermom

Answer by nataliesupermom at 6:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• No I don't think your wrong, the last thing you need when you are going through the stress of having a baby is worrying about your other child. If sending her to your mom's house is going to make you more comfortable then that's what you need to do.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You've got to do what you think is best for you and your family. There is nothing wrong with having your LO have some quality time with your Mum. :)
    SewMomma

Answer by SewMomma at 7:16 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I dont think that its wrong but you should be able to talk to him about his parents. If there is concern about your childs safety you need to deal with it before it gets to out of hand. Good Luck
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree with Kaylie 08. You did nothing wrong by what you told your husband-- you're just avoiding hurting his feelings or starting a fight. BUT, you should be able to talk to him about your concerns with his parents' care of your children. Say (God forbid, of course,) that something happened to you-- you got very sick, or there was some type of accident or something, so you were unable to take care of the kids for a little while. You would need your husband to know that you're not okay with his parents watching them, because he's not going to know unless you tell him. Anyway, good luck & congrats on the new lil one on the way!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 8:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• No i dunt think it is wrong because it isnt actually a lie. You have the right to protect your daughter and if it would hurt his feelings or get you guys into a fight, there's no need for him to know.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 9:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• No your not lying, why start a fight at this point that is unnecessary. If you husband says something though, I would come clean with the whole truth so he knows how you feel.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't think you are wrong by any means. But I do think in the kindest way possible that you should inform him of how you feel about his parents parenting. Exspecially since you live with them. What happens if you are taking a nap or something? I know you may think it might start a fight between the 2 of you but it is important for you 2 to be on the same level about things and to understand 1 another. If you don't want to talk to him about it until later (after you have the baby or something) to avoid the stress, that is ok too. Just some day (soon) it should be talked about.
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 9:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008