**NO BASHING PLEASE** For those of you who elected to have a C/s, how do you deal with other people's negative opinions?

Please only respond if you have something POSITIVE to say. . . Has anyone elected to have a c-section for personal reasons? If so, how do you deal with the constant negative opinions from other people? I feel if it is your body, and you plan to be a great parent and took care of yourself during pregnancy, the matter of birth isnt a major topic for discussion when it comes to a personal reason to choose a c/s. Don't mention anything on risks, I've read them all. In fact, a c/s IS scary. I just want to know how you all deal with other people, or do you ignore them? Were you like me in reading numerous books before choosing the c/s? Even tho I have decided Im still very anxious but know it is what will be best for baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• Its your baby and your body dont listen to people like that whats the diff. if your going to have a healthy baby and mom GOOD LUCK!!
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I say you should do what you feel is best. I had three c/s not by choice and would have given anything for natural child labor just because recovering time sucks and it hurt to breast feed. But you do what you feel is best for your baby cause when it comes down to it yours is the only opion that should matter.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 6:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I have heard that usually after a c/s its hard to have natural birth but again like people here have said its your choice and that is all that matters
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It really bothered me when people made thier comments.ALOT of women said I wouldn't know what rea labor felt like.Well wtih but 1 of mine I went into labor.With my last baby I was almost fully dilated.For reason they didn't want me to do natural.It wasn't my choice.Anyways like I said I was about fully dilated.Didn't have any drugs or nothing.Just let me tell you I would of rather had him threw the birth canal cause recovering from a c-section is very hard.Women who do it threw the birth canal just get stitchs if that.We have to have staples.It hurts to walk afterwards.So those of you who had your babies threw your birth canal and bash women who have had c-sections need to stfu!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Also, I hated having to explain to people why i'm having a c-section.Its none of your bussiness!
    Anonymous

• on my first drs visit i asked if i could have a csection...i was more scared to have him natural and luckly, in my opinion my son was breech so i had to have one anyway but i was excited and scared...dont listen to anyone about pain because it was sore but it was not unbarable i would def have another c\s no questions asked....good luck!
    qsmommy88

Answer by qsmommy88 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I've never heard of people being that strongly against c-sections. Thats nuts. But honestly I've had a natural birth and an emergancy c-section and I wouldn't be able to choose. I'd say the healing process was easier with a c-section but I wasn't able to hold my daughter for almost 2 hours after she was born. I was too weak from all the medications of the c-section. So it took me longer to bond with her and that's enough to make me think I'd rather go thru the pain of natural birth rather than not have a bond with my baby. And about the recovery...it's not that bad. You're going to be numb there and itchy from healing but it's better than not being able to go to the bathroom without hurting after a natural birth. I had stitches after my c-section. It all depends on you're doctor...I healed beautifully. You can hardly see my scare anymore.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Why would anyone bash you for wanting a C-section? That's weird. It's your body! I can remember a few times during labor wishing I could have one! LOL
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• who cares? Like some people said.. if your healthy and baby is healthy thats all that matters.. baby is coming out one way or another..
    ryleyslennon

Answer by ryleyslennon at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I had to have c/s to deliver my babies. i just tell ppl that I wanted to live and raise my babies. Besides, the only people who have STUPID comments to say, don't have enough education to even have a conversation with.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008