anyone try the South Beach diet? What were your or someone you knows results?

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 10:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't tried the south Beach diet myself, but I have tried others in the past. The best advice I can give you is don't go on diets. They don't work, because most people don't stay on the diet for long. You need to make life style changes. Be more active, work out regularly, eat healthier. Try to stay away from foods that have no nutritional value, like sodas. Change the way you think about food. Eat to live, not live to eat. Once I started thinking to myself, "what nutritional value does this food have?", I started making healthier choices. Eat foods that are high in fiber, read the ingredient list on foods (NO high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils), buy items that have a short list of ingredients without lots of preservatives, eat more veggies and fruits, whole grains, lean meats and watch your portion size. It takes time to change some of these things, but if you do it gradually it will become easier and habit.
    akmccarty

Answer by akmccarty at 10:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2010