Would you ever...

consider being a surrogate mother?
I dont think I could. But have you ever thought about it?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 11:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I do not think if I was capable to have more children I could. I do not think I could carry a child for 9 months and not grow to love it. I have admiration for those who are able to do it forsome young family.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would do it for my sister....but thats about it....The only reason i even thought about it is because she was told by her doc that there is a high chance she wont be able to have any....Although considering she is not even in a relationship right now its not like it would be a right away thing...But I have my DS and i am so happy with him that I want her to be able to have that feeling also. And i wouldnt want a medical reason be why she dosnt have a child.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have thought about it, but I think I could only do it for someone that I loved and cared about. My best friend has a condition that causes her placenta to mature faster than the baby, she had one miscarriage and one live birth premature...the dr's have told her it would not be wise to have more children so she and I have discussed it. I don't think we will ever do it because of the cost but she is probably one of the only people that I could do it for.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i think its a really brave and unselfish thing to do, cos i know a few people who want babies so bad but can't have one, as much as i wish i could give them a baby, i don't know if i could let a baby grow inside me and not want to keep it and love it forever. i don't know. hard to say until you are asked i supose.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No, I couldnt bear the thought of carrying the baby for 9 months and just handing the baby over right after birth. You fall in love with the baby during the pregnancy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am on a list to be a surrogate. They don't have any people to match me now because I said I wouldnt abort a baby if it has health issues and the parents wanted me to. Its amazing people want not only someone else to carry their baby but they also want it to be "perfect."
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I couldn't do, never thought about doing it either
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 11:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, I thought of it. I would do it for my sister and one of my close friends.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 1:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If it was my sis or any female in my family then I would :) But thats where the line gets drawn cuz, on the other hand I dont think I could have a beautiful child growing inside me and have to give that child away the minute he/she is born! Couldnt do it.

But I would def. do it for my sis! :)
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It would depend on who it was for ( a really close family or friend, maybe, a stranger, no). Honestly I'm not a fan of being pregnant at all in general. But I would consider it for someone that I truly loved and cared about that I felt deserved a shot at it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010