Would you do this?

I have a friend with benefits...he works half an hour away from where I live. About once a week I make him dinner and take it to him. Do you think this is too much? Would you do it? I mean make a meal and drive half an hour one way to take it to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• No, friends with bens is just that. You are taking the role of a serious girlfriend or wife.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nope, u r getting to serious and are only going to end up hurt. back of now.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well i wouldnt do it, thats just me. Unless he was dining me as well or treating me to things then maybe i would.
    Anonymous

• Well, I guess it's up to you. If it's something you like to do, and you're not getting attached, then who cares? But if you feel obligated to do it then no not a good idea.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 11:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• probably if it leads up to what you do why not make it a ncie evening
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That depends on why you are doing it. Are you expecting or wanting more out of the relationship, or is it just something nice to do for a friend? I had a friend like that once and although I'm married now, I'm still friends with him (JUST friends). He lives about 40 minutes away and I've driven over there to help him clean for a date, take him something to eat, and even help him decorate his room. I did all that just because we're friends, there isn't anything else to it now. I think it's perfectly fine if it's just something you do because you are friends. If there's more to it then it might be time to talk to him about it.
    skellams

Answer by skellams at 12:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If your doing it out of the kindness of your heart then no. But if your doing it because you feel you have too then no.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 12:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I would do that!

KittenLangley

Answer by KittenLangley at 12:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It depends on what you mean by benefits. If you are questioning doing it there must be a reason why. If you are just doing something out of the goodness of your heart then it is an act of love and kindness and there is nothing wrong with that.
    treece

Answer by treece at 1:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• for a man that I am just sleeping with? no way. Now I would do that for my DF in a heart beat.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2010