When you were pregnant...

how many baby books did you read? Did you keep a journal?
I read about 5 baby books, took a class, had a journal, had a planner... yeah, I was one of those first time moms.. :)
So, did you go baby crazy or were more laid back about the whole thing?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 11:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am a first time mommy. Due in Dec. I am the one that reads all information given to me. Lol I can tell you everything you want to know about breast feeding bc i looked up the pros and cons. I am that kind of mom. Every ache and pain I have I talk to my doc about. They know me by my voice over the phone. lol. just from this pregnancy. But I did not buy anything. It was all given to me. The main thing though is that all those books have helpful tips but every pregnancy is different, And those beautiful lil creatures that are babies do not pop out with manuals. Be nice if they did. Bc I am one of those nervous mommies. lol
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• actually my favorite book was one that my sis gave to me, and it showed me month by month how baby was developing and what baby looked like. I also kept, "What to expect when your expecting", on my bed stand. Didnt have a cm group back then to ask pregnancy questions too. In fact, I was on my own for pretty much the whole pregnancy except for the lamaze classes. Which where a joke in the delivery room anyway,,,,hee hee hoo,,,are you kidding me?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I thought my baby would die if I wasnt constantly eating lol but otherwise laid back...
    except when I thought people were trying to poisen me to kill her....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i was laid back...i didnt really read a whooole book..i read parts of it..i kept notes like how much weight i gained, babys heartrate etc...but thats about it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• em i bought 5books and joined websites like this, other than that, thats all iv done. im more laid back bout everything,
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was more laid back...the hospital gave me a little planner that told me what all the apointments were for and my MIL got me a book that i didnt read much of...Until i started trying to figure out what contractions were suposed to feel like...good thing i read that part because i went into pre term labor at 24 weeks...but had my son at 34 weeks....That and I wanted to know about c-sections just in case...and good thing i read that part to because i had to get one lol...but I was laid back...Same with the first year book that my MIL got me...i just wanted to know when the teeth were going to start coming in lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Oh yeah I was signed up for about 3 classes...more so the baby class for DH lol but DS came before the classes lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have been pretty laid back for all of them. We did do a class with our first which was not really very informative, we have pretty much read everything that they told us. I read a book here and there. I have been more laid back with each one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• With each pregnancy I have gotten more laid back in some areas but the things like packing the over night back and getting a car seat and anything we are needing. I only read the parts of the books I need and skip all the frightening stuff. I don't need to stress about things that are not happening so I don't read junk till I need it.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I read several books, but I'm not sure how many. I think I read about 5. I kept a journal, also. I watched a lot of home birth videos and read a lot online about natural birth and home birth.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010