do you use coupons?

do you save money with them? isnt the store brand almost always cheaper anyways???

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• nope...all the cupons are for things that i either dont need to you have to buy more then one...and i dont need that much...so its cheeper to not use them...last time i used cupons i spent more money then usual because i had to get more then what i needed
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Like I buy air wick oils... I use those coupons. Or for automatic shower cleaner refills. Yes, they save a lot of money!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, I use coupons and quite frequently. A week ago I saved $17. The most I have ever saved with them is $25.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes I use coupons. My savings vary, today I did not have very many coupons so I only saved $12. Most times my savings is somewhere between $15-$20/trip. My 'best ever' shopping trip was when I saved $40 with coupons. My sis is the 'coupon queen' her record shopping trip was when she got $200 worth of groceries for only $60-- from coupons!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If I need something that I can use one with yes! But I usually shop at sams or buy generic...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I use them sometimes, but not every time I shop.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sometimes, I find myself buying things I don't need more when browsing the paper for them.
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes! Our friends call us the Cupon Kids. The reason being, We have saved hundreds of dollars. If we buy $50 in food, we save $27 in cupons. Once my husband had a cupon for Progresso. The more you bought, the less it cost. He bought over $500 costing some $30 plus for it all. They came out to be about ten cents a can. It took us through the winter. I know it can be a bother. But make a game out of it. Get the whole family involved. When the newspapers come out start clipp'n away. Have some snacks to munch on and use the time to talk. Also buy some magizines that are known for cupons. Like Family Circle and Women's day. You can also start an exchage cupon club with others in your area or across the states. Fun way to meet people. Oh, if you don't want to collect them, plz drop them off at the senior centers. With the little amount they get, the could use the extra savings. So could the local food banks. Appreciate the help!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes! Only clip for things you know you'll use. And oftentimes, stores even have their own coupons making store brands even cheaper (I like Smith's/Kroger stores for this). I had a grocery trip total about $300 and after coupons, I paid a little over $100. The idea is to combine coupons and sales for extra savings. And to stock up when something is cheap. Then you'll have it when it isn't cheap!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 5:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Ok I use coupons and yes most of the time I just get the store brand because it is cheaper, but in TX we have HEB which put out coupons even on their store brands. I have gone up to the register with a 97 dollar order that came out to 61.27 because of coupons before....I LOVE coupons!
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2010