Empty tooth socket is sore what does that mean?

About 2 yrs. ago I got my back tooth pulled out,now I have a empty space there.Today that space is kinda sore not terribly just irritating me.I wonder if it's infected.Do you have to get a implant,my dentist didn't say I had to,well that was a long time ago,I don't know for certain.Should I be brushing that space like I brush the rest of my teeth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• You might have some food there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Brush, floss, and then use Listerine. I had two molars pulled and food gets stuck in their occasionally and causes irritation. You should try and clean it out as well as you can.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• *there not their (ugh, I just committed one of the grammar mistakes that drive me insane LOL)
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I do know that you can get dry socket pain shortly after having a tooth pulled and that can be bad. But almost two years later, I really don't know, call your dentist and ask them.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• you may have cut or bruised it...i wouldnt worry unless its lasts or gets worse.
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 4:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2010