Do you have a pet who LOVES your DD/DS?

I have a chihuahua who is 2 pounds and she LOVES my DD. We take the dog for a walk and DD holds the leash and the dog stays right beside her. She sleeps in front of her door, and I'm pretty sure when DD goes to a toddler bed, the dog will be sleeping with her every night. And my DD LOVES the dog too. The dog's name is "Boo" and that was DD's first word. They really are best friends. Its too cute sometimes.

Anyone else have a pet who has a close relationship with your child?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 12:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pets

• My late cat Sebastian absolutely loved our 3 boys, but was especially fond of our middle one. He would sleep on our son's bed, he would follow him around, he would put up with being dragged in the bathroom (for some reason my son could never pee alone, he needed the cat in to 'supervise'). That poor cat put up with alot-- one time my son got at the chocolate syrup and somehow it got poured on the cat (and he ended up getting a bath in the tub), the cat did not mind being "manhandled" by the kids and being pulled, grabbed, fur pulled, poked, sticky fingers..... the cat took it all and no matter what the cat was good and did not bite them.
    He has been gone for 4 years, and I still miss him alot.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We have two dogs, a black lab and a golden retriever. They are both really close to my toddlers. They are also very protective.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son is that way with our cat...he runs around the house saying kitty lol....she will curl up with him and trys to sneek into his room when its nap or bed time lol...or he will grab her so that he can sleep with her haha...and they always play with eachother...its so cute i love it...I also have 2 dogs that he loves but they have to stay outside =(
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, haha. My shepherd/husky mix absolutely loves this boy. She follows him around, naps with him, lets him hang and poke all over her without protest, watches over him, constantly tries to play with him, even though she knows I don't like rough housing (he'll start running around to encourage her to chase him and nip at his heels, and she thinks him saying its okay is giving her permission, lol). She hates for him to be away from her, she'll follow him all around the house. He loves to hug and kiss her, lol she's such a sweetheart. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2010