If you have anxiety "attacks", what do you do to help you through it?

I have had a lot of loss and stress this past year...and I've started having real stress/anxiety attacks...and completely loose my patience and ability to cope. What things can I do in the moment to help?
I have a therapist...but I haven't been seeing her regularly either, so I'm extra floundery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• drink wine, thats all i got
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have very bad anxiety attacks so bad that they have been mistaken for heart attack. I have learned to just get out of the house or lock myself in my room when they are getting bad. I turn on the radio and the fans in the house and lock myself in my room and refuse to answer the door until I'm better. there are other things to try too. for example: taking warm shower or soaking in bath, excercise, call a friend to vent, pray, get professional help
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 12:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• breath breath breath...if u control your breathing or atleast try it def can help...and i always pray...god gets me thru it all...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 4:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Breathing is good, wine is good, Xanax is good.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I usually get them when I am in public, so I remove myself from the situation and try to relax.
    ByronAidenMom

Answer by ByronAidenMom at 12:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The few times it has happened to me I stop and take deep breaths. Then I "talk" to myself to calm down and just stand there until I feel I am OK. Luckily it doesn't happen often. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010