OMG!

So my 21 month old son is about to drive me INSANE! All week he has been like this at daycare where I work. He is totally fine until I have to leave the room and then its like a light switch has been flipped! He goes into a hysterical cry shaking all over til I hold him. Nothing I have done has helped and it has gone on since monday. Last weekend he did go with his nana and papa to MO to see his aunt and uncle and cousin. He has never went without us, but goes to his nana and papa's house every weekend...which is only 10 min away. MO is 3 hrs away. Then monday my boss (at her in home daycare where I work and my comes with me) moved her furniture and then tuesday dyed her hair..is all the changes throwing him off...or is this partially an act?! I don't know what to do and it worries me. He is TERRIFIED of my boss but was before she dyed her hair...any suggestions on how to help him? I can't put him in a different class from me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's definitely not an act. If he is shaking he is really scared. It could be that all the change has thrown him off. Did anything unusual happen when he visited his cousins? For some reason he seems to be going through some sort of separation anxiety.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Sorry didn't mean to post this anon...but I am the original poster..his nana and papa said he was very nervous the entire time he was there? I don't know. I am so confused on whats wrong?!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• could be going through a phase. But I would try to dissuade him from his fears. Show him there is nothing be be afraid of. My DD started off being unafraid of anything. And this past year the smallest things make her jump or scared. I show her what's okay to be scared of and what is safe and she gets over it after a week or two.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010