Does Bareminerals foundation/makeup really work? Is it worth the price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i've never used it, but a friend of mine bought it and took it back. She didn't like it, but she was a freckled redhead and it wouldn't hide her freckles.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I use it all the time and I truly love the stuff! It is so light feeling and it truly makes your face look flawless. I have acne and it hides it pretty good too. I am totally happy I spent the money on this product.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 6:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I use the Loreal version of it but I also spritz my face when I am finished. It helps set the product. You can even take a smaller brush and wet it and dip it in the foundation as an inexpensive cover up, then apply the foundation. And it's under 14.00 in discount stores and ususally there is a special.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I bought bare minerals about two years ago. It turned my face silver. I'm black. They even sent me new colors it still did'nt work for me.
    Sis.cheryl

Answer by Sis.cheryl at 6:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It takes some getting use to. It is all about layering to get fuller coverage. I used it and didn't like it but I tried it again and now I really love it. I wear it when I don't want to put on my liquid foundation. It is very healthy for the skin and the cheapest of all the foundations I use.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I tried it and was not impressed at all. The coverage just wasn't there for me.
    Anonymous

• I use a different brand myself and I love it, my skin loves it. In fact, I tried it and loved it sooo much that I sell it. And its MUCH cheaper than BareMinerals. The link is on my homepage if you are interested. You can even buy small samples to try so as not to waste your money if you decide its not for you.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 7:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I use the Avon version and it is great! I am a brown skin African American with some old scarring and it covers it without it looking cakey. When I wear it, it just looks I have ultra clear skin and not like I am wearing make up at all. Avon sells it for like 10.99 but sometimes you can catch it on sale for 7.50
    2kids2love4ever

Answer by 2kids2love4ever at 8:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I've been using it for about 6 months and it's time to go back to the liquid foundation. I have freckles, too, and it just doesn't provide the coverage I want. Plus, it's a pain to use and you can get powder everywhere if you're not careful. You've got to use 3 different powders and it's just tedious to use. I don't recommend it.
    HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i did makeovers today at our local mall and one of the ladies turned right around and returned hers to Sephora after trying some of the makeup I represent, lol. HOWEVER, I know some women who really love it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2008