swelling...

im 26wks4d preggers and my hands and feet are kinda swollen.. i was wondering if thats normal at 26 wks..?? or is it a cause for concern...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• normal! drink extra water to help get it out and rest. I have to put my feet up when I rest to help. I am 24 weeks and I am starting to swell too.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think it's normal to have swelling but I would also mention it to your ob or midwife. If you have high blood pressure it could mean something else.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i would ask your dr about it.
    sam_ann

Answer by sam_ann at 1:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different. But there was swelling for me. I am due in Dec. And my legs if I stand too long they will swell. My feet omg they do too. it is so gross bc i used to run and i had cut calves and stuff and now i have cankles. but the thing that is good about it all is that it will go away when baby is born.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• its normal. just drink alot of water..
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• at that early it is concerning. It means you need to cut back on sodium intact (salty foods), and drink more water.

Unfortunetely swelling is more normal than it should be, because most foods we eat contain sodium and lots of us aren't getting the proper amount of water in our diets, so while some may say it's "normal" it's not the healthiest we want our bodies to be during pregnancy. Especially that early.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010