Do you ever worry so much about your kids when your away from them that you sometimes think the worse?

I am a working mother, and of course like many mom's we want to be with our children and when were not it can drives us nuts! from thinking nothing could be happening to oh wait! I wonder what they are doing.Are they okay? I hope they don't get into anything that can hurt them, or that you love them sooo much that you fear that "OH No what if this happen? How horibble? Is this normal for a mother? My mother was this way with me, always worry and thought the worst.

It sucks for me too because recntly we lost our dog due to kidney stones. His bladder exploded. Then I lost 4 family members in 2 yrs time, and now might be loosing 2 more. :( So the thought of fear always surrounds my head, and sometimes makes me think the worst of something happening to one of my loved ones. I hate it, because in my heart I know nothing bad will happen. But when everyone and everything is dieing around you, you can't help but think the worse

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I always think the worst. In any situation. but i have GAD so i have a serious obsession with the "what ifs" and I'm a constant worrier. but why would you ask this question anonymously? just curious.
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• What isGAD?
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I tend to think the worst of any situation, dating back to when my daughter was a newborn. The anxiety nearly killed me. It takes a lot of time and many baby steps to stop thinking that way. My anxiety used to be a 10. Over the last nearly four years, it's only down to a 7 or 8.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• GAD is Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a pattern of frequent, constant worry and anxiety over many different activities and events.

Symptoms:

Difficulty concentrating
    Difficulty controlling worry
    Excess anxiety and worry that is out of proportion to the situation most of the time
    Excessive sweating, palpitations, shortness of breath, and stomach/intestinal symptoms
    Fatigue
    Irritability
    Muscle tension -- shakiness, headaches
    Restlessness or feeling keyed up or "on the edge"
    Sleep disturbance (difficulty falling or staying asleep; or restless, unsatisfying sleep)
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010