Does your 1 yr old have bad diaper rashes? My daughter has for a long time now!

I use sensitive huggie wipes.However in away I think I need to stay away from luv diapers. But once my daughter started cows milk she has a upset tummy more frequently and also she has bad rashes even a round circle around her anus area. I put destins night time cream on it and powder with pure corn start I even air her out so she dosn't where I diaper for a few mins. But she is still getting them after so many days another, then 5 days later another. It just keeps continuing. A friend of mine mentioned to me that I should just take her off milke for a week and see if it heals, if not I know it's not milk. Then try different diapers, and certain foods. But I have no clue!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter gets bad rashes when she wears any brand diapers other than Pampers. She also started getting bad rashes when she started drinking cow's milk but we had switched diaper brands too. I use diaper cream called Butt Paste and it takes the rash away FAST. I bought more pampers and the rashes went away. (I gave an entire case of diapers away). My daughter just turned 1 in September, she's a pampers girl =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• take it easy on dairy if its making her go too frequently.. many poop diapers in one day can irritate her rash more, along with all the wiping and cleaning.. somtimes its easier just to stick their bottom in the tub and anything stuck on her wash off easily.. pat area dry, let air dry as long as u can [without her peeing all over ur house lol] destin diaper cream, lather her butt in it! dont be afriad to just plop that stuff on.. also pure cornstarch is a mircale worker!! im also assuming u know for a fact its diaper rash and not some sort of heat rash, or yeas infection in which case tlk to her doctor... hope i was of some help.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Is she just having a rash? If that is it it probably isn't the milk. Unless she is getting really bad diarrhea from the milk which causes the rash. Also make sure you don't give too much juice or anything else than can cause loose stools. This is usually why kids get the rash. The poop is so acidic on their skin and irritates it. Or the food makes them poop so many times a day their little butts get red. Have you tried using A&D ointment? The regular kind. It was the best stuff. Only thing that ever really helped. Desitin didn't touch it. Of course if the rash persists you might want to take her in to make sure she doesn't have thrush. That can only be cleared with a special prescription rash cream.

Since it is going away and coming back....and not just staying it is probably something she is eating. Not necessarily that she is allergic to it, but she might just be consuming too much that day causing skin irritating poops.
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• this works wounder so here goes by corn starch and but on baby bottom yes it does work 5 kids later
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• take her off the milk, she still needs the fat so add olive oil to anything you can for her to get her fats in. like mashed potatoes, veggies, meats, anything you can. I hope it helps her
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 3:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• it could be a yeast infection..

desitin never worked for my DD. My dr. recommended vaseline instead (to keep the area free from the pee, etc so it has a chance to heal). If it's a yeast infection cornstarch and baby powder can actually make it worse.. if it's not it is safe to use.

I wouldn't use wipes, they can burn and cause more irritation. Instead just a warm cloth should be fine. and like you have been doing, allow to air dry. If it lasts longer than a week, it's best to take her to her doctors.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son couldn't wear any diaper but pampers. He also had to use pampers sensitive skin wipes. If I used anything else on him, even a towel with just water, his butt would bleed less then an hour later. I agree with your friend, first keep the diapers, wipes and food the same and eliminate milk just for 1 week. If you find the rash persist, try a new brand of diaper/wipes. If still no luck then I would assume it's a yeast infection of some sort and see the pediatrician.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• This is what I use to get rid of the diaper rash

It's Destins cream in the purple labeling it works amazing! I use corn startch baby powder sometimes along with it, and I use the baby comfort brand diapers from fredmeyer! They are chloride free maybe just try that and see if it helps.

The diapers are about the same price as luvs. :) I hope this helps. Most likely it's not the food or milk.

Although sometimes acid foods can cause rashes, or if she dosn't get enough water. Keep her dry as possible.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011